Saturday 18 October 2014

Thick Socks

Time for a quick knitting catch up. These cabled socks came off the needles last month but never got photographed.
cabled sock side
cabled sock
The cables make them very spongy and the yarn - Madelinetosh Sock, bought many years ago in Amsterdam - helps with this too. The pattern is from a two-at-a-time-toe-up book but I only used the stitch count and cable chart and went cuff down. The second pair are made with the same yarn in a lighter shade.
slip stitch sock
These are a free Knitty pattern called Twisted. I have had it queued since 2010 and finally got it going this year. I have only made one sock so far but they knit up quite easily with just knits, purls and slips.

I have been looking to reduce my stash with a return to the UK in mind, hence my finally using the good stuff. Plus, what is the point of hanging on to yarn indefinitely and buying other yarn to use instead when the stuff you've got could get moth eaten or spoil some other way? Yes - a big change to my old yarn buying and stashing habits! I must be getting old...


No comments: