Saturday 24 May 2014

Latest Cat Interlude

I had an unfortunate experience at my usual Cat Cafe on Monday. I don't want to discuss it. However, having had my belief in there being no such thing as a 'bad cat' severely shaken I decided to give that bunch a break and go back to Ebisu. My first visit was back in March and it was a bit busy. This time it was just me for most of my hour and proved a very pleasant interlude.
Nyafe Melange Cat Cafe
Nyafe Melange Cat Cafe
Nyafe Melange Cat Cafe
Nyafe Melange Cat Cafe
These two (below) were curled up together last time.
My creation
I thought the original one would object when the other tried to get in too but no, they were very happy together and it was so sweet when they were cleaning each other. They both had such long fur that sometimes they were cleaning themselves instead.
Nyafe Melange Cat Cafe
Beautiful blue eyes.

This little one was all playful and rolling around.
Nyafe Melange Cat Cafe
This one kept nudging the bowl until the water slopped over and then happily drank it from the floor.
Nyafe Melange Cat Cafe
This one still fascinated me with his/her amazing fur.
Nyafe Melange Cat Cafe
I was able to stroke her this time and could see the fur next to her body was white, only changing to black nearer the tip. I've never seen that before and she is so beautiful! I can't help wondering what her parents looked like.

And then of course there was Bruiser. Still as angry and pissed off as he was in March and still reminiscent of Phil Mitchell on Eastenders.
Nyafe Melange Cat Cafe
He kept coming and sitting near but not next to me wherever I was, and staring at me. I decided he wanted my attention but didn't want to look like he did, so, risking my fingers, I tentatively gave him a stroke.
Nyafe Melange Cat Cafe
His fur is as thick as any sheep fleece but as soft as velvet. It was like stroking a very deep, expensive rug.
Nyafe Melange Cat Cafe
It lasted for about 4 minutes. I was just stroking his head when he went to bite me. Ah well. One has to maintain one's reputation so I didn't take it personally.

The best possible shop to have outside a cat cafe is a shop where everything is cat themed.
Nyafe Melange Cat Cafe
My faith in cats, even cats like Bruiser, has been reinstated.



No comments: