Saturday 30 November 2013

Cats and Magazines

Friday was a pretty good day for me. It all started with my first ever visit to a cat cafe.
Cat Cafe Tokyo
I arrived about 10 minutes after opening and it was still breakfast time.
Cat Cafe Tokyo
When I go again (when, not if) I will make it a little later as anyone who knows cats knows that they do not want to be stroked while eating and that after eating they just want to have a wash. The one little guy I'd spotted online and particularly wanted to look at was this one.
Cat Cafe Tokyo
He hasn't got his ears down in anger - he's one of those cornish type cats who have folded down ears which I've never seen in real life before. So cute! But he was clearly not in the best of moods and took himself up to the highest possible perch and this is all I saw of him after that.
Cat Cafe Tokyo
The place was very clean but with lots of toys and sleeping places for the cats. This is where folded-ears was - right at the top.
Cat Cafe Tokyo
I positioned myself on the heated carpet (like an electric blanket but a carpet which are apparently quite coming in homes where carpeting is really unusual) and these two settled near me.
Cat Cafe Tokyo
I mainly stroked the brown one who got more and more elongated as she got more and more relaxed.
Cat Cafe Tokyo
Her buddy wasn't terribly friendly until the owner (who all the cats adored and who clearly adored all of them) came over to brush her. She rolled on her back and...
Cat Cafe Tokyo
...then she just stayed like that! So adorable! She was quite happy for any of us to come and stroke her incredibly soft tummy and as for her pinkest nose and paws...squee!
White Cat Montage
Initially being there was quite bizarre and freaky but as my hour came to an end (I could have stayed longer but thought that was enough for a first trip) I felt much more comfortable.
Cat Montage 2

After such excitement I thought I'd spend the afternoon curled up with a craft magazine and found a place nearby called Libro. Ladies with a penchant for japanese craft books and magazines may want to sit down.
Knitting and Crochet:
Craft Books 1
Sewing and Patchwork:
Craft Books
"Japanese Crafts":
Craft Books
That wasn't the whole selection either. There were so many more on every topic you can imagine. I went home with just one which I thought was amazingly strong willed of me.

4 comments:

Wendy said...

What a fun excursion! I have to ask what a "cat cafe" is though ... just a place to go a visit cats? Ingenious if so :) You were in good company it seems ... Thank you for sharing your pictures!! Living in the back of beyond in Montana, USA, I adore seeing what the world outside my borders contains :) Happy, safe adventures to you as you explore ... Wendy

Createology said...

I have not heard of a cat cafe and thank you for the visit. I adore cats. That book store looks like it has more than a lifetime of inspiration. I don't think you will ever be bored with all your wonderful exploring to be done. Peace and Joy...

Anonymous said...

What a purrfect post. I loved it, and your captures of the kitties in all their poses must have been so much fun! ~Lynda

Becky Smith said...

All looks wonderful - don't suppose you fancy posting me some of those lovely Japanese crochet books !!!