Sunday 15 September 2013

Tiny Clothes and Stockings

The great thing about knitting for babies is how quickly the little things fly off the needles. Behold! 'Jasmine the Minx' and the more demure 'Autumn Jasmine'.
Jasmine the Minx Cardigan
Autumn Cardigan
Neither have buttons yet. For someone who adores buttons so much I seem to have a terrible time sewing them on to clothes. I am thinking some little wired pearl ones for the Autumn cardi and some big red or purple ones on the Minx. Patterns are both free and are Autumn Leaves and the Easy Baby Cardigan which I've made before. On this one I put the fastenings over to one side and made them loops instead of ties.

In between knitting I have also been doing a little sewing. My Christmas stockings are gradually moving on!
009
I was going to outline the initials with Clover mini bias tape in silver but it was too darn fiddly. I went with bondaweb and zig zag using some nice shiny silver thread.
applique initial P
My one is the only one I've made up so far and I've yet to add lining and the all important hanging loop.
stocking in progress
After all, what else would you attach it to the mantlepiece with?!

No comments: