Sunday 8 September 2013

Jasmine the Stoner

She is now almost 4 months old and weighs exactly a stone!
Rainbow jasmine
Isn't she the cutest? She was a tad on the grumpy side (possible teething suspected) and tended to cry when Pooch held her - but then I feel like that sometimes too - but otherwise we had a lovely day with her yesterday. Lots of food, dog stroking, tortoise gazing, baby jiggling and a bit of knitting. I had already finished this for her:
Jasmine Bobble Head
(Look at that scowl!) Her Mum kindly admitted it "looked better on" having initially been rather aghast at what I described as a 'cross between a gnome and a clown hat'. I've now got a little raglan cardi on the needles for her.

On the way back we travelled through some rather idyllic english countryside.
English Landscape
I should make the most of it since I have now resigned my job! We are tentatively looking at the third week in November for departing to Tokyo so there is a lot to get done before then. Not least of which are ten of these!
Stocking in progress
I got the Clover mini bias stuff this week. It is a thin silver iron on tape which I plan to use to outline the initials I'll be adding to the stockings. I've actually made all the stockings now but have yet to quilt or assemble them, never mind the initials. So still a little bit to do there. Before I dash off to get started I felt I ought to share this which I happened across on a craft tutorial app.
Hedgehog head
Next time you want to do a self-portrait try sitting with your mouth open and put a hedgehog on your head. And please do share the result.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Fantastic news - I am so glad you are taking the bull by the horns and going to Japan - you will have an awesome time - keep us updated with all your adventures, crafty and otherwise xxxx