Sunday 18 August 2013

Export vs Import

In general I am a craft exporter. I make and give far more gifts than I receive. However, I recently got my paws on the parcels from two swaps and so am now the proud owner of the following...
Outside of needlebook
This lovely needlebook comes with inner packets and sweet little butterfly pins!
Inside of needlebook
Then I also received my triple zip purse stuffed full of goodies.
Swap Bundle
This was my partner's first go at english paper piecing and she did an amazing job! She also sent me those two ribbon tied bundles of 2.5" squares - perfect for my own hexagons - and some pre-cut papers. My favourite thing is the lanyard which matches my sharp scissors.
Scissor Lanyard
Such a good idea - I can never find scissors when I need them despite owning at least 10 pairs.

I finished my Pop Spots shawl yesterday so immediately set to thinking about my next project to cast on. But then I paused. Should I be starting a new one? Don't I have enough others I should be working on? So that got me to making an inventory of my works in progress...

  1. Christmas embroidery for Mater
  2. Ten Christmas stockings (Yes, ten. I've got ambition if no sense.) 
  3. Sashiko embroidery
  4. Circles mini quilt
  5. Rainbow zig zag quilt
  6. Jasmine's playmat bag
  7. EPP hexagon patchwork for this week's hop
  8. Mum's Lace Shawl that was supposed to be finished in March
So overall, I really oughtn't to start something else. And since I mentioned the playmat bag...
Playmat in Progress
The handles become a kind of drawstring around the edge. I was going to make it more detailed than this with a house and road too but after 3 hours straight of piecing and sewing I gave up on that and decided to stick with this simpler design. 
Quilting Detail
All the fabric is from stash, which contributes to my ongoing downsizing, and I used a double layer of batting to make it soft to lie or crawl on. I hope she - or at least her Mum - likes it! And when I do start something new I intend to respond to my sister's request for a 6-9 month cardi for Jasmine for when it gets colder. I am quite sure she will want to follow her Aunt's dress sense and so I envisage a mini one of these. 
Red and Purple Striped Jumper
I have a ball or two of each colour left which I deliberately kept back from the destash. She'll be a mini-me!


2 comments:

KaHolly said...

Wow! You sure know how to keep busy!! That sweater is gorgeous! I send off a lot of little gifts, too. It gives me great pleasure. You hit the jackpot when Mr. Postman showed up at your door that day!!

Mara said...

So your the one that got all of those awesome lovies in the mail, congratulations!