Sunday 21 July 2013

Holiday Happy

The house swap with my Mum is upon us. Pooch and I are down in Somerset while she and Robbie are sweltering in London. Pooch has fully embraced the lifestyle.
Pooch
Cottage chic. Check out that window behind him and all the other props on the counter. This is my Mum's actual house! It is a little thatched cottage and actually looks like that for real, not just for photos. Plus there is an added bonus.
Artemis cat bedtime
Artemis has chosen a new summer sleeping place away from the aga and makes it very clear when she wishes to go to bed. She hops up there and begins the most thorough wash any cat has ever performed before putting nose to paw. The chickens also take themselves up to bed in their little house at what they feel to be the appropriate time and then mutter to each other like old ladies until you come and shut the door.

I have bought down my pop spot shawl and two EPP patchwork projects. Should you happen to look in later you'll find me spread out on a blanket on the grass this afternoon with fields stretching out in the distance to the foot of the Quantocks. I'll have a glass of pepsi max on one side and a good mystery audio book playing from my phone on the other. Speak softly as I may be asleep.

No comments: