Tuesday 4 June 2013

Quilty Deliberations

I am very lucky to have both sewing and knitting in my life. When I get stuck with one I can switch to the other. I am currently stuck on the patchwork front and so have picked up the shawl I was making for my Mum's birthday. In March. It's currently got over 600 stitches on each row so is leaving me an alarming amount of time to think about my patchwork problem. You see I have been collecting fabrics.
002
I have had them ready since February but I just can't make a decision about what to do with them. They do not speak to me.
Wouldn't it be niceā€¦
Ne pas.

I have so many ideas. I think that is the problem. Goddamn Pinterest. Not really I love you. My current favourite is this:
But...it just doesn't seem right. Other times I think maybe spools.
Or should I let the fabrics speak for themselves and just go with something blockier?
Or...should I just find something else to make while I'm waiting for certainty to strike? I could make one of these.
I have a pile of selveges. But maybe more like this shape.
Oh I don't know. I do not seem to be in a decisive mood. Cue my favourite graffiti.
Cheshire Cat

1 comment:

Kay said...

I have a pinterest problem too, so many projects and so little time!!! I recently made my first small make up bag and found it a lot easier than I thought. So, my stash will be making up lots of presents for bags soon.