Tuesday 5 June 2012

My Jubilee

It started promisingly...
Superhero
Then we got to the riverbank. This was the best view we could find of the river.
View of the river
Bleh. Ended up going back to the flat and watching it in the warm on the telly.

I've spent most of the rest of the loooooong weekend crafting. Continuing on the Livingstone Cardigan and also darning a few beloved pairs of socks that had worn thin. One of them was these...
Socks of Kindness
Socks of Kindness - here on ravelry. If you are knitting them I'd suggest stopping the pattern and going into plain stst for at least an inch above the heel flap. The lace there tore the first time I wore them - so gutting. Strictly house socks from now on. Such a shame as the yarn is lovely and unfortunately discontinued. It was YarnAddict's EasyCare Merino. It looks like their SuperMerino might be equivalent. Lovely colours.

In between cabling without a cable needle (yeeeeehaaaa!) on the Livingstone I started an embroidery and when I got bored of that I decided to take another look at a bracelet I saw on Etsy. It was part of the "Pow!" treasury I created but when I went to look had mysteriously disappeared. This is the closest I could find.
Source: etsy.com via Alex on Pinterest

So from my memory of the other one I got out some shrinky dink plastic and started colouring in. 20 mins later...
Shrinky Dink Pow Before
...and shortly after that...
009
Now, Class, what did she do wrong? Yes, that's right. She forgot to punch holes before she shrinked the dinks. Doh.
Shrinky Dink Pow After
On the plus side I got to see which colour combos work best. I'll be doing this again AND making holes next time. I've used the three best - pow, eek and bang - to make a brooch so they won't be wasted.

1 comment:

Lauri said...

Do you have an electric drill with a tiny drill bit? You might be able to drill smallish holes. Or... what about a sharp needle, perhaps heated over a match?

They'd make great stitch markers, too.

PS Lovely socks! We enjoyed the Jubilee via BBCAmerica - also dry and warm indoors.