Monday 28 May 2012

Scorchio

Britain is having a little heatwave. I am enjoying every minute of it - even on the Underground - since I suspect it may be all we get in the way of summer this year. This was Saturday in Greenwich Park.
Tree Branches
I had a picnic in the Park and spent some time lolling on the grass looking up at the amazingly blue sky through the branches of a very green tree. I also spent some time noticing that my iPhone camera is a lot better than my actual camera. Such is technology.

On Sunday I set off for Battersea Boot Sale which I discovered after years of bemoaning London for not having that kind of thing. I do like a good boot fair.
Battersea Boot Sale
It was pretty big and had just about everything you would expect from such a place. I was particularly after skirts since every thing in the shops is either mini or mid calf. Neither of which suit the Byrne physique. Result? Two skirts prime for altering and two tablecloths prime for making into skirts. Hubba!

On the way back I was very excited to see this:
Thunderbirds Lorry
It was assembling a crane at Vauxhall bus station but isn't it awesome? It's wheels are off the ground and it has a cab at both ends and it positively screams THUNDERBIRDS! As a lifelong fan I couldn't help but admire it.

Over the weekend I also added to my Etsy shop. Mainly necklaces this time...
Heart Necklace
...but also a few stitchmarkers.
Cutlery Stitchmarkers
The shop is a bit diverse at the moment but I figure I'll narrow down what to sell over time. I'll have some new kits to add soon too. I like the kits idea - try something new without having to buy lots of stuff to experiment with. Certainly would have saved me a lot of money and storage space over the years. 


No comments: