Friday 18 May 2012

Drug Underdose

I think one of the mistakes some people make with anti depressants is to think you can just take them when you're not feeling right - like asprin. In fact they take a long time - usually at least three weeks - to build up and really make their positive presence felt. And they also have a short half-life so if you forget to take a dose you can get withdrawal symptoms. Hence why you should never stop taking them suddenly unless your Doctor is very insistent on the point.

When I moved from my old to my new ones the Doctor did mention that I should take them every day as otherwise "you will really notice it". I didn't pay much attention because they always say things like that and why would I miss a dose anyway. And then I forgot to take them. Simply forgot - thought about it, forgot to take them, remembered later, thought that my previously thinking about it must have meant I'd acted on it, took no further action. It was only after a rather uncomfortable night and a look in the mirror the following morning that I realised what must have happened. This is always a dead give away.
Dilated Eye
The ol'saucer eyes. Looks kind of spooky huh? It doesn't hurt - although of course I'm more sensitive to bright light - but it does make it harder to focus and so makes you feel a bit spacey. It wears off after a while as well. Just one of those things - but I thought I'd capture it on camera this time.

Back in the real world I have finished the Whippoorwill Shawl.
Shawl Blocking
I stand by my previous comments about this yarn being no good for the biggest size. It does become too much like stripes rather than a gradual change. But having said that I still like it and I think the recipient will too.
Eyelet Shawl

This leaves me with a decision about what to knit next. I'm rather enjoying knitting things for others so perhaps I'll continue in that vein. I have in mind some socks for the lovely person who gave me the "Around the World in Knitted Socks" book I reviewed in my last list of reviews. And then there is always Christmas to think about because after all it is May and to a knitter that is practically 1st December.

Don't tell me you've not started knitting for it yet? 

No comments: