Sunday 22 January 2012

Mama's got a brand new....hat

Not really. Mater and I did try on many hats though this weekend. For sister's wedding. This was my favourite on her.
Dark Purple Hat

The photos of me came out a little blurry. In any case I have been on etsy. How do you like these apples?
Source: etsy.com via Alex on Pinterest

I love this shop - the things are so delicate and beautiful looking. I broadened my search a bit and came across this. Isn't it astounding?
Source: etsy.com via Alex on Pinterest

I know it wouldn't suit me but...wow! It's practically got free-floating polka dots. My outfit is not yet confirmed so I won't buy anything yet, but that peacock one is certainly quite astonishing.

My book reviews (and thanks to those of you who have enjoyed them!) have reminded me of the usefulness of Bookmooch (I didn't buy any of the books I reviewed) and introduced me to Goodreads.com. They're both free and both very handy. For instance, these are just a few of the books I'm currently offering free to new homes on Bookmooch:

On Goodreads I list and rate the books I've read and get suggestions for more. I am a sucker for Amazon recommendations and so this is like that without then asking for my credit card details. Hoorah! By adding the Goodreads suggestions to my Bookmooch wishlist I widen my reading horizons without having to buy the books. Winning. 

While trying on hats I saw this coat hanging up. 
Sashiko Coat
Definitely not my colours but I liked the appliqué dots and when I took a closer look...

Sashiko coat detail
Sashiko! I haven't done any for ages. Maybe it's time to dig it out again....

No comments: