Friday 21 October 2011

Keeping Track

You guys are awesome. So many lovely comments on my last post and other responses to it. Thanks x

It wasn't until Wednesday night that the anxiety subsided properly. In the meantime I had come across this on Pinterest.

It is a conceptual knitting pattern from Leafcutter Designs. I am a bit of a sky geek and love cloud watching. It struck me that much the same could be done to keep track of mood as well. This is something that is often advised by therapists since when you are anxious/depressed it's very hard/impossible to remember when you weren't and to stop yourself believing you have always and always will feel like this. Being at the same time a realist (not a great combination with depression) I knew that I was very likely to lose interest in something I was supposed to pick up and knit two lines of each day. This is when I let technology be my guide.
iphone mood tracker
The app I'm using is free and called "TracknShare". You can track anything with any scale. I've chosen a five point scale for both the sky colour and for my mood. If I stick with it for a month I'll look for some suitable yarns.

My love of Pinterest continues unabated. Here are some recent ones.
Source: None via Alex on Pinterest

Source: None via Alex on Pinterest

Source: None via Alex on Pinterest


I have also been doing some knitting. Plugging away on the lovely cables of the Pinery Jumper.
cable knitting blue
I'm down to the waist (it's top down) and enjoying it.

I leave you with this final thought, also from Pinterest.
Source: None via Alex on Pinterest

No comments: