Saturday 3 July 2010

Secret Pal Goodness

My second parcel from my wonderful Secret Pal. Just the outside of it promises so much goodness. Beautiful box.
Photobucket
Inside did not disappoint! Gorgeous wool/silk and the most perfect red, wonderful chocolate smelling soap, and blueberry flavoured licorice - I never even knew such a thing existed. I have reached the age of 31 and 364 days without realising you could get flavoured licorice.
Photobucket
Isn't that yarn gorgeous? It is enriched with aloe vera and jojoba too just too make it even more perfect. Meanwhile I have been busy with the first lot of yarn she gave me and have finished the back of the flower child top. Except I think I've made a mistake with part C as it doesn't seem to match D. Ah well. Plus of course there's the seaming. May do the front in one piece.
Photobucket
Of course SP isn't all one way - I have my own pal to spoil and so I made her some stitchmarkers from some of the beads I bought in Istanbul.
Photobucket
I've made a matching set for myself. I always used to find the eye thing a bit freaky but I guess seeing it every-single-where in Turkey has cured me of that and I like it now. Small ones at least.

While making stitchmarkers I also whipped up this bracelet using some flower beads I got months ago.
Photobucket
It seemed suitably summery. And then I played with the safety pins I got along with the beads.
Photobucket
I've never seen such beautiful ones!
Photobucket
It is of course the big 3-2 birthday tomorrow and I've been very lucky to get some presents already. This is one I bought myself.
Photobucket
It's the Crafty Leftovers zine which I saw when I was reading Tangled's blog. She's contributed some things to it this time. You can order one here. It's not cheap but I rather like it. Then I've received some excellent books from my lovely m-i-l and s-i-l.
Photobucket
I loved the Freakonomics book and regularly use examples from it in random conversations. So I'm looking forward to reading the follow-up. Then the bead book is a brilliant "learn the techniques" one and the Knitting Green one I didn't know at all but is full of knittery goodness.

I also got a fabulous Cath Kidston bag with a perfect card of a me-a-like surrounded by beautiful presents. Someone has been spying on my dreams.
Photobucket
And I've got even more to open tomorrow, including ones from Pooch and another from my m-i-l wrapped in the most perfect paper.
Photobucket
Isn't that awesome!

So all that's left is to show you the socks I did based on the Impasto Shawl from the last Interweave.
Photobucket
They weren't what I intended but they're fine and Pooch likes them. Then there are the ones I am doing for me using the free Aquaphobia pattern.
Photobucket
Very beautiful and I love how it breaks up the yarn.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I´m so glad it arrived finally. I was a bit nervous is it gone lost in tha mail or something. Happy bday! I´m gathering still your reveal parcel but You´ll get it by the end of this month!
-SP-