Friday 2 July 2010

Beautiful Patchwork

Long, long ago I saw this quilt on Flickr. It was love at first sight. After a year of work it is finally coming together. This is it laid out on the floor without the quarters sewn together.
Photobucket
Then with the corners of the squares placed in the right places.
Photobucket
So exciting to see it like that. Just look at some of the individual sections.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
The colour of the surrounding corners really brings out the colours of the fabrics in the circles.

I've started sewing them together and have the first two with all the paper removed. This is my first double-bed sized fabric quilt of this complexity so it is wonderful to see it coming together.

2 comments:

Red Pepper Quilts - Rita Hodge said...

Looks great! Keep going, it will be wonderful!

Rita

PURLPOWER said...

That quilt looks amazing already (and the one on Flickr is powerfully good too, great photos)

Did I mither you to join quiltgroup yet? I need quiltgroup friends, please join if you can! (I think there's a bit of a waiting list)