Thursday 1 October 2009

Wanna hat

I think I may be entering a hat phase. Or maybe I've just been watching too much Stingray. I recently discovered that as part of my lovefilm subscription I can watch loads of stuff free online. So 22 episodes of Stingray later I want Titan's hat.
Photobucket
Photobucket
I'm thinking - knit flat in garter stitch and do mitre type decreases over the top of the head and then shape the edges and decrease the sides before casting off and then folding the cast off to form the back spine of the hat. Would mean cast on went round face. See what I mean? Maybe not. Not sure how would get it to stay on though. Maybe sellotape.

Finding it quite hard to stay positive at the moment. Sleeping is not going well and the pain in the mornings is just indescribable. Back to doc tomorrow to ask for stronger painkillers. Phoned NHS Direct for advice this morning but was told it would be 5 hours befor they could call me back. And this is before budget cuts. I know it's been said a lot before but why spend billions on private businesses who have got themselves into trouble and then cut public services to pay for it? I don't even think it is Labour particularly - this would have happened under the Tories too. End of this public service broadcast.

1 comment:

livnletlrn said...

basic idea for that hat is reflected in Cisco baby hat:

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/cisco

and since you mentioned Stingray, I'll point out my knitting connection to that show:

http://www.ravelry.com/projects/livnletlrn/terror-fish

Hope you're feeling better soon!