Saturday 4 April 2009

Create your own hedgehog!

I finally got Pooch to agree to pose as a hedgehog. It was this pic I thought he looked most like.
Photobucket
Judge for yourselves.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
I used some socks to make his ears stick out more. Job done.

I spent a lot of today in the pursuit of curtains. I bought this fabric from IKEA before xmas and got the black-out lining today in Lewisham. A while ago my mother objected to my calling myself a bodger but I make no bones about it and these curtains are surely proof of that. I made an elementary gauge-type error and they came out short. So I sewed two of the gorgeous woven tapes I got at SkipNorth to the bottom.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
I *really* love them!
Just in the nick of time I remembered this is a knitting blog - and this is how the knitting has been going. I cast on when I got back from SkipNorth and have been hard at it since. I've almost finished the waist which has to be done in bits to allow for the belt arrangement I want. I'm really pleased with it.
Photobucket

1 comment:

Donna said...

Separated at birth, Hahahah!