Sunday 29 March 2009

NaBloPoMo for me

This blog is a shadow of its former self, so I am declaring NaBloPoMo for April. Let's see if I can post every day for a month and what kind of nonsense I start spouting.

Now back to skipnorth...here's the gang.

Photobucket

There were an epic 42 of us and, at least for me, there was a record haul. The thing is, because I drive about in a car instead of on the coach (in case someone needs rushing to A&E with wool fatigue) people never realise how much I've bought. Including me. Which might explain how this year I ended up with this much.

Photobucket

That's a double bed being obscured by it all.

It includes books and magazines, ribbons..

Photobucket

...more buttons than you can shake a needle at....

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

Including these beautiful flowers and the coincidentally named 'simon' buttons (The Pooch's Earth name).

Photobucket
Photobucket

The weekend included Texere (off program - on friday morning before we officially started), Coldspring, Winghams, The Skep - with this amazing window display....
Photobucket
...and the KCG where there were a number of notable treasures. Namely a model with her dignity protected by nothing but a well placed hot water bottle....
Photobucket
...and an amazing toilet lady - who wasn't actually knitted but was in the toilet.
Photobucket
The weekend included an amazing yarn swap where everyone brought what they no longer wanted and shared the goodness. The quality finds were donated on the understanding that the recipient would make a donation to p/h op, and from looking at the website it looks like that has raised more tan £190 for MSF - donate using the widget on the right. This is the swap in action...
Photobucket
At one point I launched myself across the pile, landing in an elegant spreadeagle, in order to secure a part ball of regia sockyarn. Yeah baby. Dignity.

The wekend also saw an amazingly large number of spinners. There were about 8 wheels and umpteen dropspindlers - all very impressive.
Photobucket
I'd have to say I thought the weekend went really well - and not least because I got home before 9pm (last year was after midnight). The workshops on Friday afternoon were, by all accounts, pretty darned good and I really want to thank all the teachers for volunteering. If there is another one this year you will certainly be hearing it here and on Nic's blog first.

Before I sign off I'm going to mention something that I am pretty sure most of you didn't know that I was involved with anyway - I have resigned as a Director of the KCG. Meh.

Right, look out NaBloPoMo!

3 comments:

L said...

I am looking forward to reading you daily in April.
Great roundup of the weekend too.
Thanks for the blog!

Ambermoggie, a fragrant soul said...

looks like you had a great time at SkipNorth, sorry to hear about the guild.

suse-the-slow-knitta said...

it looks like a fantastic time was had by all!