Sunday 14 September 2008

My miss-shapen buttocks

I got this lovely book from a Raveler after asking whether anyone had one to sell on the ISO group.
Photobucket
I got it from america with postage for £5 less than the Amazon UK listed price. I have never made a mobius out of knitting before so I decided to start with something a bit more basic than the knitters bowl that I have my eye on. So I went for the 'Fanny Basket'. Cat Bordhi describes how after she'd made it she realised it looked like a bottom. The result of a few hours knitting, using the aran left over from Pooch's jumper, was this:
Photobucket
Which after a go in the washing machine has ended up as this rather unlovely creation:
Photobucket
It's just not sexy. I might try felting it more but I don't see it getting any better. Ah well, let us not be discouraged. Onwards and upwards!

The SkipNorth website will be going live within the next hour or so. I'll be posting on the Ravelry Group and the Yahoo list when it actually happens. Very exciting!

Edited: Here it is!

4 comments:

Rosie said...

Eeek. (That's "eek" in an excited way for Skipnorth--love this year's website-- and "eek!" in a rather surprised way over the buttock bag...)

Judith said...

Oh, dear! I don't think I could have knit that even without knowing what it looked like in the end (no pun intended -- or perhaps it was intended, being Freudian and all that). Thanks for the warning on that one.

I've been knitting tiny hats. You can seem them on the Coffee & Tea Gals blog.

Well, I wish you better knitting days ahead. There are other things in that book worth knitting, by the way.

Esther said...

definitely looks like a butt!

NikolaAnne said...

I think it looks more like a pair of bollocks than a pair of buttocks!

That could just be me though!