Saturday 16 February 2008

Finished and started

I started these 2-needle socks at the beginning of december last year and last night finally finished the second one.
Photobucket
The problem is...it's been so long since I started them that I can't find the first one. It's annoying as they've come out really well and are nice and snug so I really want to wear them! Will have to search.

My swap partner for the Ravelry Discworld Swap have come to a gentlewoman's agreement about not looking at each others blogs until we've exchanged parcels so I can reveal these:
Photobucket
The picture doesn't do them justice. I'm using the leftover red from my cherry blossom socks and some plain white and then around the ankle in purple it says "I aten't dead". Discworld fans will know that this is one of Granny's characteristics and as she is my partner's favourite charactor it seemed fitting. I'm also planning a few other bits and pieces which should be fun - I'm even going to have a go at dyeing some sock yarn for her.

In fact 20 skeins of undyed trekking arrived from Get Knitted this morning. I haven't gone mad, it's mostly for the SkipNorth workshops but there are a few extra skeins for your truly to play with. I'm doing the dyeing workshop and made up some samples last weekend.
Photobucket
I've been knitting them up so people can see what different techniques leads to. Am very excited about it already - started compiling a shopping list in my head of all te things I want to get hold of.

So what else is going on...well Pooch and I had a lovely valentines day. Went out for dinner and he got me a copy of the SnB book the Happy Hooker which was a nice surprise. I bought 2 dozen krispy kremes and took them to work and people were amazed. It's weird because at IOP cakes and doughnuts were pretty normal whereas there it seems like they only come out on extremely special occasions at the LI. I managed to consume 2, including one of the special heart shaped ones. It's the chocolate dreamcakes that are my ultimate luxury doughnut though. Oooo, so good!

No comments: