Saturday 26 May 2007

Secret Pal Task 2

With the weather turning warmer, many of you are thinking of traveling (though some of you have just returned, you can play along). 1) What do you pack to knit?
  • I am off to italy on friday and this question has been weighing heavy on me. What to knit? Cotton as it will be hot? But then if you get a bit sweaty cotton becomes hard to manipulate. Wool? But then might be too hot. Lace? But what if I get into difficulties? Should I then pack loads of emergency accessories in case of this?
  • Do I take all my denise needles or just the ones I need for the projects I've got in hand? Oh so many possibilities.
  • In reality - I'll be taking my cherry socks I've started with my SP yarn, another set of plain socks and then some other as yet undefined stuff. Plus maybe some crochet. Maybe.
and 2) What do you hope to shop for?
  • I am on a YARN DIET!!! So nothing.
  • Well, maybe. Patterns don't count. And maybe sock yarn. I dunno. Unlike america am not looking to see if there are any yarn shops nearby.
Bonus: Where would you go on a "knitting holiday"?
  • Japan. I really want to go to japan anyway but would love to be able to explore their yarn shops and all the masses of gorgeous books I keep ogling on amazon.jp.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello from California! I just discovered your podcast, hence your blog, and I must say that I'm really enjoying both!

Krafty1 said...

Sounds like fun. But you could shop for something besides yarn...maybe clothes, shoes, food?