Sunday 25 March 2007

Back in the swing again

Geez, I was really really low last week. But it was miraculous how putting some distance between me and london, or more specifically, me and work, on friday night caused a complete shift in mood. I have been spending waaaaaaaaaay too much time trying to work out how to make my current job more bearable and generally stressing about it while not having any energy left to get a different one. So, off with the old and in with the new. I have been thinking a lot about what was taking up the most head space for me and it was the usuals of having power and money and respect. What other people would think of me and the impression I gave was far outweighing what would make me happy and what would make me think well of myself. So I'm not looking for the same money anymore because with that kind of money goes pressure and responsibility. I am happy to exchange a pay cut for a happier life. My priorities are so different now to what they were before I went mad. I used to think of position and career and possessions whereas now I'm thinking about learning to cook, how I can contribute to society and yes, maybe even having one of those noisy sprogs I see hanging around the necks of some women.

Anyway, enough of the navel gazing. Let's talk knitting. I've got a few photos to share. First up what I have been working on loads for the last week. It's skipnorth booty from coldspring mill. It's an elizabeth zimmermann pattern and is done completely in the round. It is some half price DB cashmerino chunky and is just yummy.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Still a fair way to go but it's coming along.

Then there is this...which I should think practically every knitter ever has knitted by now. It is, of course, branching out from knitty.com.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
It's been done in alpaca silk from elann and was a present for my mum who's birthday is tomorrow. I gave it to her today as we were down there for the weekend and she loved it so that's good.

Then there is a slight catch up as I have finished a vast number of socks since I last blogged properly. Here is one pair (socks that rock)...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
and another (cherry tree hill)...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
and the oddments....
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I'm actually rather pleased with these last ones. They were a present for Pooch and here he is gracefully modelling them.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Here is a detail of the random slip stitch pattern I used.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

OK, and finally, a sneak preview of a pattern coming up in the third issue of 'Proud To Be Crafty' the zine. It's what every gal needs for her eco friendly shopping - a reusable and 100% degradable cotton bag.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I've gone and splashed out on some blue sky cotton to be the sample with the zine so people can see how lovely it is. Although you can also use £1.99 a ball sirdar cotton and it will come out just as wonderful.

So here is to a happier week - hazaaah!

1 comment:

PURLPOWER said...

Those oddments socks look great! Usually things knitted from oddments look, kind of, odd. But they look really stylish and cool. Can't quite work out the stitch pattern from the picture though, is it a simple fairisle type deal?