Wednesday 22 November 2006

Big old rant time

I've got a few minutes to spare and it so happens that my temper has been sorely tried today so what else does a blogger do in that situation other than sit down and inflict their views on the world?

I have been in a training course all day on customer care. I have been in a training course all day with a load of people who are mostly perfectly nice and about 3 who are the most ignorant f*cking idiots you've ever come across. The thing that finally got my goat was the all-physicists-are-weird chorus that gets trotted out by the aforementioned idiots every now again. The woman leading the chant this time happens to be jewish so having said I found the statement rather offensive and being told how stupid I was I asked her how she'd feel if someone said "All Jews are tight."? Now what I should have done was kept my mouth shut and just privately reflected on how good life was in that I only had to come into contact with her at these sorts of events. Instead she got all uppity and said you couldn't compare religion and an academic subject. I don't want to offend any readers of a religious pursuasion but perhaps this is because science is based on fact whereas religion is based on a load of lala. Don't tell me all physicists are weird and then tell me it's 'normal' to walk around convinced there's a trumanesque god watching over you. What kind of dumbarse thing is that to say?!

Another thing (AND ANOTHER THING) that happened was someone who would be the stupidest person working here if it weren't for the 'normal' woman and one other who I swear has nothing but stale air between her earoles said that George Bush was responsible for 9/11. Completely. And possibly MI5. WHAT??? I can only imagine that she is a creationist. What kind of moron thinks that a man as dumb as george bush could possible orchestrate a disaster like that and fool EVERYONE into thinking it was bin-laden? She even wrote a web address on a piece of paper for me so I can learn the truth. THE TRUTH??????








I have a card at home.

On the front is a rather troubled looking lady with a speech bubble.

It says,



"I tried to be normal but the effort drove me mad."
I feel, people, that I keep trying and society just conspires against me all the time. I realise I shouldn't let these things get to me but it really does bother me an awful lot that f*cking morons
like this walk around and can do things like breed, vote, buy a gun.
Yes, I guess you could say I'm feeling a little bit tense. Rather than go and blast some of those 'normals' with a weapon I am going to go to a hip hop dance class so I can blow them away with my moves (should I ever meet them on a dancefloor). At least I am hoping this might turn out to be mildly enjoyable so that I can finally find a form or movement that I don't totally detest and can treat like exercise. If this doesn't work I am going to try pole dancing. I hear it's good for toning you up.

4 comments:

Woolly Wormhead said...

I get that feeling all the time, that society is conspiring against me. Actually, it's not a feeling but the truth. Learned long, long ago that I don't fit into their ways, and so shall stop battling and be happy with my ways.

I'm quite happy being me - my head only wobbles onto that dangerous path of self analysis and then the consequent downward spiral after too much time with 'normal' people. Hmm, more like judgemental people. They're my enemy....

Anonymous said...

I reckon we're all at different places on the same spectrum. Just be thankful that they're waaaayyy over *there*, and you're educated and sensible enough to see that where *you* are on the spectrum is a good place to be!

PURLPOWER said...

Yeah the hip hop dancing sounds cool, I hope you like it. There are a lot of stupid people out there Lix, breathe deep, learn some hip hop moves and ignore 'em. That's my ticket. I also recommend trying to make sure you spend as much time as possible with non-stupid people, to balance out all the crap that you might have been exposed to during the day. Knitting groups are a good source of non-stupid people in my book.

RoxyK said...

Yes I find it shocking that stupid ignorant people can breed. Unfortunately they do it rather well too.....

Kind of hope the hip hop class goes badly as I really would love to hear your opinion on pole dancing ;)