Friday 17 November 2006

Another day in the life

Here is a microsoft project plan of the ATC cards I had to do when I created it on Tuesday.


Good, isn't it? For those of you who know about such things you'll notice that the tasks aren't linked but what I did do is make the time to make 1 ATC = 1 day so where the task is 4 days long that means 4 cards. Then I decided that I can make 3 cards a day. So my Alex resource = 300%. Then I assigned myself to each task and then levelled the resources to see when the making hot spots were. I fully intend to update it today and add in the slack bars but I don't want to run out of things to do like I had yesterday by 9.30am.

So peeps, do you get what I'm saying here? Yes, work is still a tad on the slow side. What I have done is written 4 project proposals and fired them off to various people internally. Much to my surprise one has been taken up and IOP Enterprises will soon own an online shop selling funky stuff with funky graphics on obscurely related to physics. This gives me about half an hours work to do later on which I'm saving so as I have something to look forward to.

All this means that the zine is practically ready - many thanks to those of you who have already pre-ordered #2 here. I will also soon be announcing the winners of the first challenge who will be in for prizes of crafty goodness. The first challenge was to make a pincushion (any theme) and get a photo of it to me asap. The best three get prizes.

In knitting news I am still on the xmas presents. NEVER AGAIN DUDE. I hate them all. Although apart from knitting I have been getting myself into a bit of a crafty tizz. I took part in the altered art online chat class on tues eve and it was FANTASTIC. Chat rooms are such great fora for this kind of class. The woman doing it was on one side of the US and there was me and others from the rest of the US and a couple of other countries. But when I actually came to sit down and do something I felt strangely unable to act. So in fact I haven't done very much in the evenings since then. I think I've lost my mojo a bit.

Pooch and I had the 2 1/2 year anniversary of our hooking up this week so tonight we are off out for dinner and james bond. Hoorah!

3 comments:

Alice said...

you work at the IoP?! Small world.

"funky stuff" I have to see. I do like a bit of science tat.

PURLPOWER said...

After knitting four pairs of socks for Xmas last year and having had three consecutive Xmas eves spent knitting into the early hours this year I said 'NO' to Xmas knitting and it feels great. I have two scarves and a shawl to finish for weddings and my mum's 60th in January so I still have a lot of gifts to knit but by gum it feels great not to be Christmas knitting for a change. Take my advice and next year take a year off. Your knitting mojo will thank you for it.

Woolly Wormhead said...

Absolutely PurlPower, taking a year out from knitting xmas pressies is a must. Ain't doing it either this year, too late to start and time is against me.

Go fight with some DPN's instead. Wanna see you in that Hat, lady.