Wednesday 17 August 2005

My head hurts

And, friends, that just about sums up my life recently. Have had headaches for the last couple of days. Off work today as everything makes it hurt more. Ibuprofen gets rid of it for about an hour - paracetamol does nothing. Am allergic to lavender but open to suggestions if anyone knows of a non-pill cure. It's an old joke but I like it - if I jumped up and down I'd rattle. So nothing much to blog recently.

Plans have been developing well with Nikerjac. Anyone free first or last weekend of Feb? You'll hear it here first....

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Sometimes when I get a raging headache, the only thing that helps is sleep. I get migraines though.

Becky said...

I too suffer from headaches and don't like taking pills - I sometimes find that a little head massage - followed by darkness and rest can do wonders - perhaps you are worn out after all the stresses and strains of work recently.

Hope you feel better soon.

PURLPOWER said...

maybe tiger balm? I can send you some if you can't find it near you.
I wish my package for you would turn up and give you some cheer. Make sure you're drinking plenty of water to flush out all those toxic pills too. Take care. PPx

scarletprincess said...

Having headache marathons are so draining. I'm awaiting seeing a neurologist for mine and know how you must be feeling. I find a cool flannel and flying fox balm from Lush quite soothing (though check for lavender)

Hope you are well soon
x

Fred said...

Is it sinus related at all? Friend at work had the same problem last week and that's what it turned out to be.

rachel said...

For sinus and/or tension headaches I find gradually massaging along the line of the nerves from teh sinuses up the middle of the forehead, across the brow bone then down behind the ear down teh neck and into the shoulder can give some relief - if Pooch is any good at massage a shoulder/neck rub may help!