Tuesday 12 July 2005

We have the technology...

La tra la tra la tra la I have the stuff I need (implements as we needlers call them, aha) for needlefelting. Bottom left is a book with needles in it that explain the whole caboodle. Have some merino fleece in red and a kind of pinky grey to add to my other bits of fleece to make felt balls from plus some wendsleydale (maybe) curly bits just for fun. The thing is - it all sounds horrifically expensive (silk is something like £70 a kilo) but you buy a clump of it and you pay 70p. Yippeee for 70p.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The packet of reddish fibres in the middle is more silk. The bags at the back are blue faced leicester (not a cheese strangely), yak, more silk and camel. I love camel - it is unbelievably soft and lovely to combine with other fibres. Ooooo, look at me casually using the word fibre. I wish there was a living in all this. Anyway...back to the runown - the ball of terribly boucle stuff middle right is ...boucle. The boucles are HUGE though. What is it about me and boucle? I hardly ever knit with it but I do seem to hoard it. I just love the way it looks. Finally there is something that arrived in the post - my flower fairy cross stitch kit I got from ebay. I *love* flower fairy things and had a hankering to try some cross stitch again so here we are.

Now I kid you not, but I actually dreamt about knitting a scarf in a combination of three yarns last night. And this is them:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Pink mercerised cotton, crazy pink gypsy and this weird puff slub pink and white stuff I can't remember buying but there it is. It is quite mental and therefore I love it. I'm on 10mm at the mo but think I might go to 15 or even 20mm. I'm quite liking the combination and hey, I dreamt it, and if you knit it, they will come or something like that.

I know I've been blogging a lot recently and forcing the faithful to read inches of drivel but I can't seem to help it. Another addiction along with stashing, chocolate and cyber-stalking other knit-bloggers - my apologies...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've dreamt yarn/knitting loads of times, but not usually anything too inspirational.

Where did your cute little picci go - the one where you're doing "I'm gonna getcha"? It was adorable!

Becky said...

Those colours and yarns for a scarf look fab - they go together really nicely. I can't wait to see the final result.

I have never heard of needle felting before - what does it involve and what do you get as an end result ? sounds interesting though.

scarletprincess said...

Hey don't apologise for bloggong! i wish i had the interesting happenings to blog every day! besides, I have hours of amusement ;o)

RoxyK said...

I have knitting dreams all the time. Not sure if this is a good or bad thing :) So what happens when you've knitted from your dream - do you get a visit from the yarn fairy and wake up to loads of yarn under your pillow????

Colours and textures look great together.

Nickerjac said...

I've done that cross stich I also like flower faries especially the fuschia one, it comes from my grandmother I think. Well done with the needle felting not so good at that myself keep stabbing myself very painful