Tuesday 12 July 2005

*such* a productive day

So we'll gloss over dinner. I followed the recipe to the L.E.T.T.E.R. and it all stuck - edible but looked as if someone had already eaten it. So we'll leave that behind and move on. A rather irritated me wearing my lovely scarf - all finished!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I love the suggestion that the wool fairy will now come and leave something under my pillow :) I haven't done anything this quick for ages and even though in many ways it is hideous, I absolutely love it. (I may well be wearing it at the Knitting and Crochet Guild meet-up on Friday. British Museum restaurant at 5pm for anyone in the vicinity.) Here is a close up, mainly just so that I can use the word fibre again - check out those....fibres.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I know what you're thinking - anyone can pick up some 20mm needles and three balls of whatever from their stash and knit a scarf. And you're right. But B*E*H*O*L*D* the ball.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Oh yeah, baby, work it work it. I needle felted some merino into a rough ball and then added the wednesleydale or whatever the (blatantly brightly coloured) sheep are called over the top. I've deliberately left it a little fuzzy so I don't lose the texture of the we....whatever sheep bits.

Just to make this post even longer I wish to report that I went to see my accountant today. Yes, my accountant. Ha! I have an accountant! It was my first consultation about starting a business and has got me all fired up again. I came home and rang LLoydsTSB for a loan. I have banked with them for 14 years so I didn't expect any problems and indeed everything went swimmingly until...."have you had any health problems necessitating a visit to a doctor in the last 12 months" 'yes' "oh....what was it in connection with" 'Depression' "oh - it seems you've been declined for that loan but you can have one over a shorter pay back period at a higher interest rate" ....just incase you go nuts again miss byrne and we don't get our money back. Dude!! I'm not keen on multiple exclamation marks but...dude!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love that scarf - it is fab! And what a great haul from the hand weavers studio - I must visit again now that I can spin. Happy needle felting!

Becky said...

Wow that scarf is fantabulous - what a result - you should have yarn dreams more often.

Loans are a nightmare aren't they - my DH has recently gone self employed and we have found that a whole raft of options are now closed to us - oh well. It seems that if you don't fit their idea of "normal" - you don't get the same service.

What kind of business are setting up if you don't mind me asking ?

Anonymous said...

Great scarf - sooo gorgeous! :)

Apologies in advance for the silly question... but what is that ball for?? I mean is it made up of winded up thread that you're going to knit? Cos it looks all fused together, and if that is the case I don't quite understand the purpose... Am I just being slow?

Sorry to hear about the loan... being going through something similar with our bank as we (DB & I) run our own business and are perceived as 'risky' so put our plans on hold for a little while... Anyway, what kind of business are you planning to set up, if it's not top secret?

Have a nice day,


Anna

Iris said...

Thanks for your comments on my journal in the last few days - I'll post a picture of my felted bag soon (it's currently drying out in the sunshine...).

As for the knitting machine - don't let it scare you! :) Once I got the hang of it it became much easier and by now I have also figured out where most of my initial problems came from - something called the 'sponge bar' needs replacing. If it's worn out it means that everything you knit gets constantly stuck on the carriage. I will post how it goes...

Oh, and your scarf looks great, and I LOVE the ball! I will have to try this at some point!